Fire Department Facilities 2007
The Mont Vernon Fire Station, built in 2007, is located on the site of the former fire station, at 1 Main Street next to the Town Hall. It has 5 apparatus bays facing Main Street, and 1 apparatus bay facing Pinkham Avenue. The Fire Chief has his office in the station, along with a radio and report room, a training room, and an office for the Emergency Management Director. The station also contains maintenance, storage, and work rooms.
Fire Department Facilities 1947
The former two-story Mont Vernon Fire Station, built in 1947, was located on the site of the current fire station on North Main Street next to the Town Hall. This station had 6 equipment bays. Until 2005 2 of the bays were used by the Mont Vernon Department of Public Works. In March of 2007 the Town of Mont Vernon voted to raize the deteriorating building and replace it with a modern fire station on the same lot. During construction the fire department operated out of the Department of Public Works garage on Mason Road.